Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Why I Almost Never Get (or STAY) Sick: If you don't already know about Wellness Formula, you need to!

Note: If you are looking for information about how I killed off Covid symptoms, on 9 occasions, with a 100% success rate, CLICK HERE.

I am one of those people who HATES being sick. I will do just about anything to avoid coming down with a cold or flu. While I think a part of me liked getting sick in high school (because it meant you could "get a day off" from school), I absolutely hate being sick as an adult. I hate being in any state where my energy is reduced, my thinking is impaired, and I'm being forced to slow down.  Getting sick is like driving 65 mph on the freeway, but then your car suddenly downshifts and locks into first gear and you're forced to drive 5 miles per hour. UGH. Who the heck wants to do that?

Since I was in high school, I used to get sick at least twice a year - it was just something I could count on. I took tons of antibiotics in my teenage years, for acne, had a poor diet, and didn't have the best immune system. I'd tried different things, in the past, to beat a cold, from taking lots of vitamin C pills, to vitamin C powder in water (with a little sugar so it's bearable), to echinacea in pill and also liquid form. I'd also done Zinc (chewables, capsules and liquid), Emergen-C, Thera-Flu, Nyquil, and Airborne, you name it. If I'd heard it could kill off a cold, I'd try it. 

Some of those things helped a little, or could cut down on the duration of the cold. But none of those things really made the cold or flu just... DISAPPEAR.

Then, in 2001, my sister told me about Wellness Formula, and it was LIFE-CHANGING. 

I used to get the bottle of 120 Capsules (when I ordered it on Amazon). But in recent years, I've found it's best to only get a 3-6 month supply (and definitely keep it in the fridge). I also need less of it since I learned how well Oregano oil works on most occasions. If I'm working in an office (or know I will be sharing it with a lot of people), I tend to buy the bottle of 240 capsules, because it goes quick. If I buy it straight from Whole Foods, I tend to get the smaller bottle, because it's more expensive there. 


 

It also comes in Liquid Form.

I'll never forget the day we were cleaning out my Dad's room (he had passed away from a stroke a few months earlier). I wasn't feeling well, and the first sign of illness, for me, is almost always a raw, sore throat.  

I told my sister, "Great, I'm getting sick." And she fetched a little ziploc bag full of somewhat large, beige capsules (her travel stash) from her luggage.

She handed me six of them, and said:

"Here, Take this. This stuff works soooo good."

I looked at the large pills in my hand. "Six?" I said. "That's a lot of pills."

"Trust me. It's worth it." She said. "It works better than anything."

I took them and HOLY MOSES. She was right. Whatever it was, that had been coming on, JUST VANISHED.  I couldn't believe it. THIS was the thing I'd been looking for, my whole life! It was like someone finally cracked the code, and figured out how to get the right ingredients to work with your own immune system to help you to actually prevent a cold from setting in.

Why did it work so well? Personally, I think it has something to do with the fact that seems to contain a HUGE ARSENAL of just about everything I'd ever heard of, that can help kill off a cold... and then some. You know how some people say to take zinc, some say take vitamin C, some say astragalus, some say take echinacea.... well these pills have all that stuff and way more. 

You can hear a great interview by Dr. Garko of Let's Talk Nutrition, with a woman named Julie Dennis, in the video below.  Julie was so impressed with Source Naturals and their products, that she was determined to get a job there. She worked there for over 13 years (and now has her own company) but she continues to rave about Source Naturals and Ira Goldberg, the man who started the company and came up with Wellness Formula.  Source Naturals is a $250 Million Dollar Company, with 750 Employees.
 



I'm telling you, it's unreal how well Wellness Formula works. If it doesn't completely knock out a cold I can feel coming on, it will at least reduce the symptoms, or cut down the number of days I feel sick (but it ALWAYS wipes it out a cold completely and quickly as long as I take it EARLY, and according to the instructions). I can't say for sure how it will work for you, but I can tell you that in my own personal experience, this stuff works like a MIRACLE.


You can see the ingredients, in the photo below:




I highly recommend you download this informative PDF guide by Source Naturals, the company that makes this stuff.  I am pasting some excerpts (about how it can boost your T-cells and immune function) below. 









I swear this stuff knocked out a REALLY nasty case of the FLU a couple of years ago. 

I had been working on a carpentry job at the airport and touched just about every pole and handrail there was in the place, before getting in my car and going to get takeout for dinner (Mediterranean food).  I walked to the car and thought, I'll just eat some of this now and eat the rest when I get home. 

I am usually very good about washing my hands before eating, but I was so hungry that this time, I slacked. I started off thinking, well, I'll hold the piece of bread with a piece of paper, instead of touching it. But then it slipped off, and next thing you know I'd touched the bread.  I thought, I really should throw that bread away, but - again, I was so hungry (and tired), I told myself, well, I proooobably won't get sick.  Throwing caution to the wind, I popped the bread in my mouth, against my better judgment. 

As I drove home, I could feel my throat getting raw and sore, and it was clear that my immunity was dropping quickly because something I'd just been exposed to. I cringed, thinking about all the pathogens and microbes that were probably all over my hands, after touching just about every public facility at the airport.

Some people say it takes days for the flu to show up but I have always found that very hard to believe, because my sore throats always seem to develop very quickly, right after I've been around other people who were sick. I've never been home for a long period of time, and then suddenly caught the flu. A sore throat always comes shortly after I've been out in public, or I'm sharing space with someone who was sick.

The human body was brilliantly designed to alert us of impending threats with pain and discomfort. It's like the body is ringing an alarm bell and saying MAYDAY! MAYDAY! You need to step it up and do something about this, right now, or else you could be in big trouble. It makes sense to me, when our ancestors have been using natural remedies to boost the immune system, for thousands of years.

That pain you felt, the last time you stepped on something sharp, was something you felt in a BIG way, for a reason. A person could literally DIE from a bacterial infection, if they just stepped on, say, a nail and did nothing about it. So our bodies have evolved to have brilliant warning systems to keep us informed, of when we need to be on high alert for danger... so we can do something about it. 

Anyway, back to the flu I caught after eating that piece of bread, without washing my hands.

I was certain I'd just been exposed to the flu, so I went to Whole Foods, bought a new bottle (60 capsules) and loaded up on Wellness Formula. I think I may have had some at home, but if the bottle is more than 6 months old (or unrefrigerated), it doesn't work as well, and I didn't want to take any chances. 

That night my body felt like it was under attack. The sore throat was gone, but my heart was beating very rapidly.  It's hard to describe, but it actually felt like there was some kind of "war" going on, between these flu germs and the Wellness Formula. I could feel it... like my system was somehow on "high alert" and I could feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins. I have never experienced anything like that, before or after.

It reminded me of being in a hurricane with all the windows taped up, and you're just waiting for the storm to end. You can feel the power of what's raging outside, yet it's not actually hurting you, because your house is protecting you. That's how it was. I don't know how else to describe it, but that hadn't happened before, and it hasn't happened since, but that one instance made me feel sure this stuff has the ability to knock out the flu (because whatever it was, my body was clearly working in OVERDRIVE to knock it out). It was NOT a regular cold. 

By morning it was like the dawn  after a storm. Everything was calm again and my throat was completely back to normal. I was so grateful that I didn't come down with it!  


What happened when I DIDN'T take this stuff (according to the directions)

This past winter I did end up getting sick because I didn't recognize the early sign of a particularly nasty bug that had been making the rounds at the office I worked at. I had developed a scratchy throat, but because it wasn't the usual sore throat I get before a full blown cold, I ignored it and didn't start pounding Wellness Formula right away, like I usually do. 

BIG MISTAKE. I ended up getting sick with a high fever and horrible body aches, and had to take the day off work! So just be aware that sometimes colds can come in different forms and your symptoms may be different, depending on the strain that's going around. Luckily the Wellness Formula reduced the amount of time I had to take off but still... I hate even having to take an hour off, much less a day.

(Update winter 2018)

I had another incidence where I used Wellness Formula against one of the worst flu strains I've ever seen... but I did not use it according to the instructions, so I still got it : (. I am just telling this story so you don't make the same mistake. 

I realize the reason I made this mistake is because, once you take Wellness Formula, you can feel so much better, and once your sore throat goes away, you really can FEEL LIKE you're "in the clear."  And there HAVE been many times where, I've been able to get away with taking just ONE dose of Wellness Formula, and it completely wiped out whatever I had that was coming on.

But you have to keep in mind that, for certain, really virulent strains of pathogens, that multiply very quickly, you MUST continue taking the pills, because even if you have a VERY tiny amount of that virus still left in your body, it can rapidly multiply. So, you can feel just fine before you go to sleep at night, but because you're about to be sound asleep for 8 hours, you won't be able to feel that sore throat coming back, as your body's warning system. 

By the time you wake up, you can find that virus has come back with a vengeance, because while you were sleeping, that virus had a good 8 hours to multiply exponentially, and now there are so many virions in your body, your immune system is no longer able to wipe it with just a SMACK. The key is to fight it off completely, when it's in the very early stages, and it just needs a swift kick in the ass.  If you let it multiply (past the point where you'd be exposed to more than you'd get in, say, a live vaccine), you're going to find yourself in trouble. 


An example of how you can get in trouble if you don't take the recommended dose:

My sister and her music partner caught the flu that was going around during the winter holidays in 2018, while they were staying with me. Both of them were soooo sick, they were like characters from the Walking Dead. I thought, man, I do NOT want to catch that bug!!  And I knew it was likely I would eventually get it, we were all in close quarters and my sister was coughing like crazy. So, I busted out my good ol' Wellness Formula as soon as I could feel my own sore throat coming on.  Luckily, my sore throat vanished, and I felt ecstatic that my body had fought off that awful bug that had taken my sister out for the count. 

But.... I was a little too confident. What happened next was like karmic punishment for me thinking, nyah nyah, I beat it and my sister didn't (patterns resurfacing from early childhood competition) : D.

Before I went to bed that night, I was feeling so good, I didn't think about the fact that I could still have just a tiiiiny little bit of this really nasty strain of the flu, still inside my body. 

Keep in mind that just a tiny little bit of virus may be something you can't feel at all, but that doesn't mean it's not dangerous. Sadly, I learned the hard way that it could RAPIDLY multiply out of control in the 8 hours while I was sleeping, rendering me practically immobile by the time I woke up. By 8 am, I was soooo achey, my head was pounding, I had a fever, and it was too late to turn things around. The flu won, and I lost... BIG TIME.  I was so achey, I could barely move. 

But that experience was a VERY good lesson for me, that if you don't take the stuff according to the instructions, you're taking a risk. You may need to give your body a few days to COMPLETELY do it's battle against whatever virus is in your system, so that it's able to take care of ALL of the virus that's lurking around, hoping you're going to slack off and let your guard down, like I did. Don't make the same mistake!!

Update November 2020

Thankfully, I was able to draw upon this hard lesson mentioned above, when I think I may have gotten COVID-19 during this pandemic. It turned out to be, in my opinion, a huge blessing in disguise.

There are 3 times, in the last 5 months, where, I went out shopping, and even though I was wearing a mask, I came home with a sore throat. And so did the friend I went shopping with (the first 2 times), so I figure we picked up something in the air, in one of the public supermarkets we shopped at. 

The first two times, we just took Oregano oil (I explain more about this further down the page). I was out of Wellness Formula, and since it was just a minor sore throat, I figured it would be enough, and luckily, it was. I still take sore throats VERY seriously because there isn't ONE time I've had a sore throat, in my entire life, that didn't turn into a full blown cold or flu, IF I didn't take either Wellness Formula or Oregano Oil, or both. Our bodies have an incredibly effective warning system that makes us feel pain for a reason!

But on the third time I felt sick after shopping, it felt worse than just a sore throat. My throat also felt a little scratchy (in addition to being sore), my head was starting to hurt (and I rarely feel headaches), my body was starting to get achey, and I could feel my temperature rising.  I knew that whatever it was, that I'd just caught, was a lot more virulent than whatever I got the last 2 times I'd come down with a sore throat.

Knowing there was a high chance it could be COVID-19, I was NOT going to take any chances. Truth be told, I almost slacked. Because after I took the Oregano Oil, I did feel better. But then, I rememebered that time I thought I was in the clear, and wound up sick as a dog the next morning.  I thought, if there is any chance this really could be COVID-19, I'd better not take any chances.  If spending just a few minutes taking a simple, cheap, easy preventive measure could make the difference between getting full blown COVID-19, and not getting it, then I'd be an idiot not to JUST DO IT. 

So, I went to the fridge, took 6 Wellness Formula capsules, and also drank a shot glass of baking soda and lime juice (I learned about the power of baking soda thanks to YouTubers like Gabriel Auto Technician, and Raphaela Laurean, right before their videos were censored / removed). 

In the morning, I woke up feeling great. NO signs of illness, whatsoever.  And I was sooo grateful to have learned about these different ways to fight off a virus, from my sister (who told me about Source Naturals), and from online research. I learned about Oregano Oil from a woman who has a channel called "A place to heal" on Youtube.

Luckily, because I usually do take Wellness Formula according to the directions, I have only been sick a few times in the last 14 years, and every one of those times I did get sick, I can tell you that I did NOT take it like I should have.  Either I didn't take enough, or the bottle was too old, or it hadn't been refrigerated.


I've shared this stuff with many co-workers, employers, friends and family members. When I told my Aunt about it, she was a 4th grade schoolteacher. She told me when she went to work and told other teachers about it, in the "teacher's lounge" at her school, they said "Don't you know about that stuff? We're ALL on it!!!"  And hey, Elementary teachers should know what works, right? 


I recently took a self defense class, and I realized that protecting yourself from predators is like protecting your immune system. The predators and sick people are always going to be out there, so it's up to US to do what we can to protect ourselves. Germs are EVERYWHERE, and if we're not armed to stop the dangerous ones, they could take us down. Luckily, Wellness Formula is not hard to get. It's often on sale at Whole Foods during the winter, and you can usually find it at a health food store. 

I have a friend who was complaining about how someone at work got her sick. I'll call her Peggy.  I told her Peggy, you need to protect yourself. There are always going to be sick people at work. It's up to US to make sure that other people don't make us sick! It took me years to convince her to try Wellness Formula, but when she finally did, she was blown away, and told me she actually bought it for her coworkers, like I have!

If you ever find yourself getting sick, please consider this stuff. Check out the reviews on Amazon if you don't believe me. To me, this is just one more example of how, sometimes it's the stuff that's not well-advertised, that works the best.


Tips I've learned, to be sure it WORKS (for me)

Be sure to keep it in the fridge, it will last a lot longer. If the bottle gets warm, or is too old, it won't work as well. Sometimes I just buy a brand new bottle of 60 capsules from Whole Foods, because I've never had a time when buying a fresh bottle of it didn't work, as long as I took it according to the instructions. 

I always take the capsules, not the tablets. I've heard some people say the tablets work better for them (and they don't like the capsules), but it's the exact opposite for me. The smell of the tablets makes me kind of nauseous (and since it made me feel sick that just seemed to make me feel worse). The capsules work soo well for me. I've never had a problem with them at all - in my own experience, they work great. You may have to do your own experimenting to see what woks best for you.

Other stuff that helps me with a cold:


Pharmaceutical Grade Wild Oregano Oil 
($36.90 last time I checked the price) 




This is the one I usually get, because I go through it pretty regularly, and it's a better deal when I get 2. I also like to have a spare on hand, because it can take a few weeks to be shipped from Greece.



This is the 1 OUNCE Bottle.  $22.90, last time I checked the price.




I just wanted to mention this here, beause in the era of COVID-19, I think it's important to share any information about natural antivirals that could be useful (I am making another page of herbal formulas that I've seen during my online research, but during this Pandemic, I'm going to stick to the stuff that I KNOW has worked for me in the past). This is not medical advice, and I can't tell others if they should take this or any other supplement. But I can tell my own story.

Back in 2016, I was on a 5 hour flight for a 2 day Bemer conference, and forgot to bring my Wellness Formula with me (I guess because it was such a short conference, it didn't occur to me that I should bring it). And I was so pre-occupied with trying to make sure I did not catch the Zika virus (I made sure to bring lots of essential oil repellents) that I hadn't even thought about trying to make sure I didn't catch the flu, either.

When I got off the plane, I could feel the telltale signs that I'd just caught a bad bug. I swear it was that airplane air. My throat was getting very sore and raw, and I could feel my immune system rapidly dropping. 

Unfortunately, Wellness formula isn't typically sold at common drug stores like CVS, Walgreens or Rite Aid, and I didn't have a rental car to drive to the nearest Whole Foods or vitamin store. But luckily, I did have some VERY strong oregano oil on me, so, since that was all I had, I took a lot of it - to the point where my business partner whom I was sharing a hotel with, commented that I smelled like Oregano oil during that whole conference. It was like it was seeping out of my pores (I felt bad, I didn't realize anyone else could notice it).  Like I said, I hate being sick, so I was taking a lot of it!  

Please note, oregano oil should be used with caution, since it is a blood thinner and it can also lower your absorption of iron, but I've personally never had a problem with it. That doesn't mean  you won't, but I haven't.  Dandelion root and dandelion tea are known to help blood clot, and I've learned that prenatal vitamins are REALLY good at ensuring my iron doesn't get too low. Luckily, I don't usually need to take oregano oil more than a few days, and honestly, in most cases, whatever I am trying to fight off seems to disappear within a day. 

But you should definitely do your own research, and check with your doctor if you have any concerns. 

You should also know that if I get even the TINIEST drop on my skin, it will burn (not on the bottom of my hand, but the top). Even in times when I washed it off within 15 seconds, it sill burned for a few minutes. But I guess that's why it works so well. It is STRONG stuff, so viruses beware!

I've taken cheap oregano oil gelcaps but they didn't seem to do anything for me. The only type that seems to work for me is the type in a dark bottle with a dropper. If I'm trying to fight off a cold, I'll carefully put 8-10 drops into an empty capsule, and I take it with some kind of food (like a banana) so it can slide all the way down my throat.  The type of oregano oil I use (either Telia Oils or Oreganol P73) is so strong, it will melt the capsule. And if that capsule melts in your throat, it will feel like heartburn - not pleasant. So make sure it goes down all the way, and you will probably be less likely to feel it. 


Hope this helps!

Laura Ellen


 

No comments:

Post a Comment