Sunday, October 18, 2015

BACK PAIN - How I Got Rid of It

Around the year 2007, I was drinking a lot of coffee, and didn't realize how much it was contributing to my lower pain. It was only when I stopped drinking it on a daily basis, that I really noticed that correlation between when I'd suddenly have coffee again, and the back pain would come back. 

My boss told me about one of these devices that snaps and sends a little electric shock to your back. I bought one, and it actually helped a little, but there's nothing more helpful than taking away the thing that's causing you the problem in the first place, which for me, was the coffee.



At the end of 2007 I was looking for a way to combat Seasonal Affective Disorder, and  stumbled on a bottle of Costco Vitamin D3 that said "The Sunshine Vitamin" on it. So, on a whim, I decided to try it and see if it worked to cure me of the winter blues. I had just gone to a tanning salon with my then-boyfriend (who became my husband) and it really seemed to help my mood, but I didn't want to keep getting exposed to UV rays, and I couldn't afford to do it every day that was overcast. 

I wanted to get a sun lamp, but the ones I was looking at, at Costco.com, were between $100-$200, and I couldn't afford it. This was before I saw you can get one on Amazon for between less than $40. I really want to get this one, that's less than $70, based on the 5-star reviews, and the fact that you can tilt the lamp is a big plus.

I looked up what was the maximum amount I could take without negative side effects, since I knew vitamin D3 is fat-soluble so you can take too much. Dr. Andrew Weil had said in an article that most people can take about 10,000 IU, so that is the amount I took.

Update 8-17-20: Just saw this really good video by Dr. Eric Berg, regarding Vitamin D, and thought it was worth posting, particularly during this COVID pandemic.

 

Well, to my surprise, not only did my mood improve, but in the morning when I bent down to feed my cats, my back wasn't stiff and achey, as it almost always was! I couldn't believe it. Was it from the Vitamin D3? I went online and googled Vitamin D3 and back pain, and you would not believe how many things popped up, saying Vitamin D3 helps with back pain... but you're not very likely to hear this from your chiropractor or doctor!

Over the last few years I have recommended Vitamin D to other friends and co-workers, who got the same results I did! I even went and bought a bottle for my boss, who found it hard to believe it would work for her back pain, but sure enough, it did. I'm planning to make a video about Vitamin D3, but for now, here are the basics.  

Doctor C's Own Vitamin D3 5000IU Certified Vegetarian Capsules (120 Count) Non-GMO Gluten-free USP-Grade High Potency Supplements - Vegan Halal Kosher - Best - Men Women - Not Pills Tablets Test Now

To see any of these supplements on Amazon, just click on the photos.

1) Vitamin D3. I've taken 10,000 IU per day, for the last 8 years, with no negative side effects whatsoever. Again, Dr. Andrew Weil once said this is generally considered safe, so I went with it. 


I also noticed that, during the summer when I would skip Vitamin D, my back wouldn't hurt as long as I was getting a good amount of sun exposure. Even if I was doing a lot of yardwork. So I think getting a decent amount of sunlight can help just as much.

This list may be long, but honestly all I do these days to alleviate my back pain is these first 3 things. I regularly lift very heavy 5 gallon bottles of water (sometimes in heels) and have no back pain at all (knock wood). Keep in mind I was told it looks like I have some kind of degenerative bone disease and took Accutane 3 times.

Please note that the brands of Vitamin D3 mentioned on this page do not contain lanolin, which is from wool producing animals. The brands mentioned on this page have really reviews, and are vegetarian.


  
 2) Limit caffeine. For me, too much caffeine = BACK PAIN. I didn't realize this when I was in my early 30s and started to get it. It was at it's worst when I worked in a small office and drank lots of coffee. The discs in your back are like hydraulic shock absorbers and when you are dehydrated they can't give your vertebrae the cushy support it needs!


3) Stay hydrated. I drink a special kind of water from a Medical Grade Machine and most people who drink this report a reduction in back pain. You can learn more about this water by CLICKING HERE.


4) PEMF. Dr. Oz did a whole special on it and WOW. You wouldn't believe how well it worked on this one cop's back pain. You can read more at my website about PEMF, which is www.PEMFAdvantage.com.


5) A Backjoy. I use one of these in my car. I drive a small, low-riding Honda that's hard to get in and out of. One day my Aunt told me her Honda gave  her back problems. They're great cars and I love my Honda, but those darn bucket seats are like a chiropractor's wet dream.

6) The Back2Life. There was a time that I was using the Back to Life machine a lot, and it helped too, but... honestly nothing worked as well as the Vitamin D, 10,000 IU per day and the Special water. I also want to note that something that works about as well as a Back2Life is something you can do for free: WALKING.  But this would be good for people who simply cannot walk.

I can tell you that back pain is almost never a problem for me anymore, at all (unless I'm ovulating, which seems to happen more now that I'm drinking the water mentioned above). But more than anything, the Vitamin D3, the Water, and having a Backjoy in my car seem to have fixed my issue. Back pain is no longer something I have to think about.


Also, I know there are stretches you can do to alleviate back pain, and when I have time I'm going to make a video of some of the stretches I've done in the past, that helped (I just have a very long to do list right now but it's in the plan). 

For now, here are some exercises you can do... I've done some of these before and they actually do help. You can see them by CLICKING HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment